Diploma of Electrical Engineer, National Technical University of Athens (1981)
Ph.D., Dept. of Electrical Engineering and Computer Engineering, National Technical University of Athens (1988)
Main Building, Antoniadoou Wing, 5th floor
mgia AT aueb gr
+30 210 8203 183
- Software Engineering: object oriented software, design patterns.
- Biomedical applications: biomedical signals and diagnosis.
- Telecoms regulation and competition: Relevant markets' analysis, Broadband penetration.
- "QRS detection through time recursive prediction techniques", Kyrkos A., E.A. Giakoumakis, G. Carayiannis, Signal Processing, vol. 15, 429-436, December 1988.
- "Evaluation and Selection Criteria for Software Requirements Specification Standards", Giakoumakis E.A. and G. Xylomenos, Software Engineering Journal, vol. 11, No. 5, 307-319, 1996.
- "Unsupervised stratification of cross-validation for accuracy estimation", Diamantidis N.A., D. Karlis, E.A. Giakoumakis, Artificial Intelligence, 116 (2000), 1-16, 2000.
- "Context-based caching and routing for P2P web service discovery", Christos Doulkeridis, Vassilis Zafeiris, Kjetil Nørvåg, Michalis Vazirgiannis, Emmanouel A. Giakoumakis, Springer Distributed and Parallel Databases Journal special
- issue on Context-aware Web services, Vol. 21, Issue 1, pages 59-84, February 2007.
- "An Agent-based Perspective to Handover Management in 4G Networks ", Vassilis Zafeiris, Emmanouel Giakoumakis, D. Wiley's Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Journal, Vol. 8, Issue 7, pages 927-939, 2008.
Has served at the following positions:
- 2000-2005: Chairman of the National Telecommunications and Post Commission of Greece (E.E.T.T.), the Greek National Regulatory Authority.
- 1998-2000: Secretary General for Communications, in the Ministry of Transport and Communications.
- 1995-1997: Chairman and Managing Director of the "Hellenic Information Systems S.A"
- 1987-1990: Director of Informatics Department of "Hellenic Agency for Local Development and Local Authority S.A"