Computer Science Laboratory
The laboratory consists of 3 rooms fully equipped with the appropriate hardware/software devices. Its mission is to effectively support the Department of Informatics and meet its needs. There are in total 84 desks mainly for student’s assignments and in each room you can find professional staff, always willing to assist and support students in all enquiries adequately.
The 2 rooms are placed at the 2nd and 3rd floor in Derigni Section, AUEB’s main building and there are available from Monday-Thursday 8.30-20.00, and on Friday 8.30-19.30. The 3rd room is located in 80 Patission Str.and it is open every weekday from 9.00-20.00.
Laboratory for the Postgraduate Programs (in Information Systems and Computer Science)
It was principally created, in 2003, to support the needs of the aforementioned programs, with approximately 30 desks. Equipped with the latest technology, it provides the best assistance and solutions to our postgraduate students.
The lab is placed on the 2nd floor (Room 202), in 47 Evelpidon Str. The staff is available from Monday-Friday 9.00-21.00.
The Informatics Department has five (5) research laboratories that are directly related with the department’s research groups.
Computer and Communications Systems Laboratory
The Computer and Communications Systems Laboratory was established in 1995 and was legislated in 1996. The reason of its creation was to promote research in the fields of computer networks, telecommunications, telematics etc. and to a greater extent to offer a high quality of education.
For more information please visit: http://www.ccslab.aueb.gr/
Information Processing Laboratory
Originally created to support the research undertaken in the Department of Informatics and to a larger extent in the areas mentioned below:
· Document Management
· Information Retrieval
· Natural Language Processing
· Machine Learning
· Web Applications
· Multimedia Applications
· Open and Distance Learning
Head of the laboratory is Professor T. Kalamboukis.
Additionally, the laboratory has a strong cooperation with the three following research teams:
· Information Retrieval Group, headed by Mr. T. Kalamboukis (Professor)
· Natural Language Processing Group, headed by Mr. I. Androutsopoulos (Assistant Professor)
· Algorithms for the Internet and the Web, headed by Mrs M. Sideri (Associate Professor)
The research teams support both graduate and postgraduate students to complete their theses -relevant to the aforementioned areas- effectively. These teams have a drastic role that allows them to participate in international research and technological development.
Address: 76 Patission Str. (West Wing-4th floor)
Athens, Postal Code 104 34
Tel.: +30 210 8203 156
e-mail: tzk AT aueb.gr
Mobile Multimedia Laboratory
Mainly created to meet the needs, both educational and in research, of the Department. The topics that are investigated are:
· Wireless Packet Networks and Mobile Communications
· Mobile Multimedia
· Internet Protocols and Applications
· Quality-of-Service in Wireless and Mobile Communications
· Security Issues in Wireless Networks
· Multimedia Multicast
· Architectural and Mechanism Issues in Ad-hoc Networks
· Distance Learning
Head of the laboratory is Professor George C. Polyzos.
The research team of this laboratory consists of four (4) faculty members, nine (9) PhD students along with several graduate and postgraduate students of the Department that occupy with their theses.
The research team participates (or has recently participated) in the following European (IST) and National (GSRT) research projects:
- Broadcasting and Multicasting over Enhanced UMTS Mobile Broadband Networks - IST B-BONE (2004-06)
- Design and Engineering of the Next Generation Internet - IST-NoE EuroNGI (2004-06)
- Mobile Services for Integration of Business Data (funded by the GSRT, 2004-05)
- Market Management of Peer-to-Peer Services - IST MMAPPS (2002-04)
- A Data-centric Approach to Global Computing - IST/FET DBGlobe (2002-04)
- Market Managed Multiservice Internet - IST M3I (2000-02)
- Interactive Multimedia Documents (collaboration with French researchers, funded by the GSRT, 2000-01)
- Transmission of Video and Audio with Guaranteed QoS (collaboration with UoA and FORTH, funded by the GSRT, 2000-01)