Magirou F. Evangelos
BS in Electrical Engineering, Princeton University U.S.A., 1971
Master (M.Sc.) in Decision and Control Sciences, Harvard University, 1972
Ph.D in Decision and Control Sciences,1976
Main Building, Antoniadou Wing, 5th floor
efm AT aueb gr
+30 210 8203 185
Applied and Theoretical Operations Research, esp. applications to
- Energy policy
- Elementary and intermediate mathematics of Finance
- Operations Research
- Game Theory
- Decision Theory
- Dynamic Optimization
Doctoral Dissertation: "Topics in the Analysis of Interconnected Systems"
Optimal Regulation and Stabilization (with Apostolos Philippopoulos), Working Paper, International & European Economic Studies Department, Athens University of Economics and Business, March 2000.
Entrepreneurship, the firm and interanationalization in the 19th century European periphery: The case of Andreas Syngos (with Ι. Pepelassi-Minoglou ), Economic History Society conference April 1999.
Enumerating the Kernels of a Directed Graph with No Odd Circuits (Erratum) (with G. Chaty, J. Szwarcfiter, Ι. Dimopoulos and C.Papadimitriou), Information Processing Letters, 1999.
On Kernels, Defaults and Even Graphs, (with Ι. Dimopoulos and C.Papadimitriou), Annals of Mathematics and Artificial Intelligence, 1998.
Diversification in Shipping (with C. Psarafti and Α. Denissi), HERCMA conference, Athens 1998.
- Member of the Governing Board, Public Power Corporation S.A. (since April 2004)
- Chairman of the Board, Faculty Union of the AUEB, 1994 - present
- Deputy Chairman, Department of Informatics, AUEB, Sept. 2003 - present
- Chairman of the Executive Commitee and Director of Studies, MSc Program in Business Mathematics, Jointly organized by the Department of Mathematics and the Department of Economics, University of Athens, and the Department of Informatics, AUEB
- Chairman, Hellenic Procurement Institute, 1994-97
- Vice Chairman, Energy Coordination Committee, Ministry of Industry and Energy (1993-95).
- National Energy Council, Deputy Director of Scientific Secretariat, 1977-85
- Board Member, Hellenic OR Society (1979-83).
- Member of Program and/or Organizing Committees of
- Second, Third and Seventh Hellenic OR Conference
- ΙΕΕΕ Decision and Control Conference,
- HERMIS ’92, ’94, HERCMA 2000,